- Choose a Goal
- Zero in on something specific and measurable
- Make it just hard enough (range goals)
- Check that the goal is within your control
- Review your skills (performance goal vs. learning goal)
- Master the Logistics
- Break down the goal
- Create a detailed agenda
- Stay motivated
- Check in frequently (accountability)
- Plant daily reminders
- Spread the word – when you write it down and share, you are 33% more successful
- Learn from your mistakes
- Celebrate victories, large and small
- Reassess if necessary
It’s not “rocket science” but just good reminders, something I need to sit down and do. I’m still trying to figure out what “forward” looks like. As I do, I’ll post.
After all, I need every 33% advantage I can get!
What goals are you working on this year? How can I celebrate with you?